JustShout! my php & gd based shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Just Shout! code is now active ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Just Shout! code is now active ;)

Thanks for that. ;) (not sure about all the winks :p)

Could you add either style or font tags to the Your Name, Your Message etc.? at the moment they're black text on black background.

@CrazeD, I've made it so they can make the last two posts, it might get less annoying, and still stops the flooding.

Why's the first thing everyone posts is "Testing!" or "Test"? :p

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, long time no post.

I just started working on it again and I've now added basic emoticons :D

So far only implemented

icon_grin.gif

icon_smile.gif

and

icon_tongue.gif

Make a little Javascript popup to show the available emoticons.

Done :D

Also, I think this is one of the first image-based shoutboxes with emoticons. So that's not bad going :D Would it be a bit extreme to try and animate the emoticons within the shoutbox? It is possible, but it'll take a long while.

I was thinking of adding a sort of filter/search function, so that users can view posts by a certain username or just view older messages. What do you think?

The filter would be cool.

I think I found a bug, though. When you click an emoticon it doesn't change "characters remaining" count.

An ignore feature might be cool too, to ignore selected users shouts.

The filter would be cool.

I think I found a bug, though. When you click an emoticon it doesn't change "characters remaining" count.

An ignore feature might be cool too, to ignore selected users shouts.

It's not a bug as such because the charachter count is done on OnKeyUp, so when you click to type the rest of the message with it, it will change accordingly.

The ignore feature would be cool, but I'm not sure how well it'd work because you don't need to register to post. So you can simply change your username each time. It'd be easier if only registered users could post, but then no one would really bother posting. :p I'll work something out.

Since I'm using sessions, I might lock the username in the field once they have posted the first time so they can't change it; or cookies. Again, I'll work something out.

Sam

Added a basic username filter/search so that you can view all comments posted by a particular user.

Also a bug riddled pagination feature has been added, so you can view older and newer messages - it works but isn't perfect.

What do you think?

Sam

Cool, but I think you got the links backwards? Newer should be older, and vise versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom