JustShout! my php & gd based shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool. Are you just getting the variables/strings etc of the conversations and drawing them to an image with GD?

He's probably using a database to store the data and then write it to an image from that.

Pretty cool. Are you just getting the variables/strings etc of the conversations and drawing them to an image with GD?

Yeah, pretty much.
Database stores username, comment, time stamp in one table.
font and colour in another then ip in another.

This is then written onto the image, depending on the font in the db for that comment the font for that comment changes on the image, as with the colour.

Sam

I thought of a new feature:

Make an anti-flood/spam feature. Like, if their IP made the last XX posts, they have to wait to post again. Make it an option for the owner of the shoutbox to enable/disable or somethin.

I can't think of anything else though, you pretty much already have my ideas already. :p

I thought of a new feature:

Make an anti-flood/spam feature. Like, if their IP made the last XX posts, they have to wait to post again. Make it an option for the owner of the shoutbox to enable/disable or somethin.

I can't think of anything else though, you pretty much already have my ideas already. :p

Ah I see what you mean.

At the moment I've got it as: if their IP posted in the last 60 seconds they have to wait another 60 seconds to post again. Even if they posted 59 seconds ago and try again, they then have to wait another 60 seconds. Is that similar to what you meant?

Or do you mean something like YouTube use? You can make about 2 posts (youtube give about 6) and then after that you have to wait a while to be able to post again?

Sam

Yeah the time limit, and also if they were like the last to post, they have to wait, so that the whole shoutbox isn't filled with one person.

Yeah the time limit, and also if they were like the last to post, they have to wait, so that the whole shoutbox isn't filled with one person.

Done! If you try to double post - if your IP made the last comment, it says

'You posted the last comment in this box, please wait until someone else has posted to post again, or wait 60 minutes (whichever comes sooner).'

So is that what you meant? Or should I make it the last two posts? :D

Done! If you try to double post - if your IP made the last comment, it says

'You posted the last comment in this box, please wait until someone else has posted to post again, or wait 60 minutes (whichever comes sooner).'

So is that what you meant? Or should I make it the last two posts? :D

That's about what I was thinking. If you get complaints you can always up it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom