Javascript Code Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milex

Beta member
i have a website where when a customer adds an item to their shopping cart and calculates shipping the item is displayed as "shipping not availalbe". I am wanting to change this message and the only way to do it is to add some javascript. i have no idea how to do this but I was hoping someone can help?

We need way more information before we can help. What e-commerce software are you using? Is this message an error? Why is adding Javascript the only way to fix it?

Well we are using networksolutions. It is an error message when they enter their zipcode and it is not able to ship because of the weight. That is why they get "shipping not available". Instead of it saying shipping not available we want to be able to add javascript to it so we can overwrite whats there and make it say something like "contact us for shipping quote" or something like that. Hope this helps!

Not sure what the core files would be but i can edit the shopping cart area if that's what your asking.

The server-side files that power the cart. If you have access to them you should be able to edit that text.

Yes i do have access to them. I just don't know what kind of javascript to add to it.

You shouldn't use Javascript for something like this. It is just a bandaid and doesn't fix the problem.

Download a program called Agent Ransack. Then search for the string of text you want to change in the root folder of the files. It should find the files that have that string in them, and then you can change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom