Java Compiling on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to be better off using Netbeans. For someone who's obviously just starting off you're going to spend hundreds of hours in Eclipse trying to figure out why some stupid menu pops up when I JUST WANT TO RUN THE APPLICATION.

That's a bit of an overstatment, but Eclipse is one of the least user-friendly IDE's ever made.

I've been a high level Java developer for 7 years now and every time I have to fire up Eclipse I spend an hour trying to figure out how why the **** it can't find crap on the classpath ("OH! I had to right click, go to properties, search for some **** that I had no idea even existed, right click on that, go to my libraries, figure out why it's not listed, add it, search for it again, navigate around 15 options that obviously have no correlation to what I was actually trying to accomplish, spin around on my head for 2 1/2 hours, and then disco dance until my hearts content).

And then I finally get it to work, debug, and WAM the screen I was just starting to get used to COMPLETELY changes and I can't figure out how to get it back. EVERYONE should know that you have to go to the basically hidden perspectives menu, add it to the bar, click it, and then wonder why the **** that button is gone the next time I come back here.

/vent

Use Netbeans. :)

Really, use Netbeans instead.

Jcreator LE it's a very good choice, it's way lighter than Netbeans.
here: www.jcreator.com
another good choice would be texpad, a very light and easy to use software. What I like about texpad is the ability to run JApplets directly.
here: www.textpad.com

delaen said:
You're going to be better off using Netbeans. For someone who's obviously just starting off you're going to spend hundreds of hours in Eclipse trying to figure out why some stupid menu pops up when I JUST WANT TO RUN THE APPLICATION.

That's a bit of an overstatment, but Eclipse is one of the least user-friendly IDE's ever made.

I've been a high level Java developer for 7 years now and every time I have to fire up Eclipse I spend an hour trying to figure out how why the **** it can't find crap on the classpath ("OH! I had to right click, go to properties, search for some **** that I had no idea even existed, right click on that, go to my libraries, figure out why it's not listed, add it, search for it again, navigate around 15 options that obviously have no correlation to what I was actually trying to accomplish, spin around on my head for 2 1/2 hours, and then disco dance until my hearts content).

And then I finally get it to work, debug, and WAM the screen I was just starting to get used to COMPLETELY changes and I can't figure out how to get it back. EVERYONE should know that you have to go to the basically hidden perspectives menu, add it to the bar, click it, and then wonder why the **** that button is gone the next time I come back here.

/vent

Use Netbeans. :)

Really, use Netbeans instead.

Don't blame Eclipse for your poor project management...but yes, it is indeed feature-rich.

And the Java downloads are here:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

You'll probably want JDK 6.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom