Jack (Admin) Library?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gecko_au2003 said:
I know you probably have a TON of visual basic source code, examples and other things amongst that.

If it is ok with you I was wondering if we could get in touch and if you can send me that so called library because I have done quite a bit of vb 6 and have started c++ and ASP and could really use a lot of examples with source code, if that is ok ??

Any help would be very much appreciated Jack !!

Thanks!!
Dude you cant just ask someone for there codebase.
Get on the net and start looking for code specific to your needs, or write your own code.
You say you want to learn everything, that is impossible.

Edit from Emily: Don't post five times in a row. The Edit button is your friend...

Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it!! Also I have been doing that but there are certain things that I would like to do that are not shown any where like how to decode the windows xp installation key from the registry, or using the SystemParametersInfo to get and set the sticky keys in accessibility. I was only asking him for code that he was willing to send !! So I could see if he had any code that I could use as examples. I wasnt asking for everything he has.

-----

If you take a look here, I even said what he was willing to send !!

posted by myself a while back :

Is there any chance you can email me what you would be "willing" to share with me and if not at least tell me what you have done in the past that you would be willing to share with me with regards to source code and programs.

Other things I am interested in are multimedia applications such as dvd players, music players ( I mean a combined one like winamp) that would allow me to play a mixture of formats from mp3 to cd's. I just have to say thank you very much for your help and pointing me in the right direction as well as all the other help you are giving me !!

------

VB 6 Jack, dont worry about it Jack, just kinda frustrated cos codeine stepped in , I mean I asked what you were willing to send, if you didnt want to send anything you could just say you wont and I would of left it at that !!

-----

I would still like any coding that you are willing to send with regards to decoding the windows xp cd key which is used to install windows xp from the registry.
enabling and disabling sticky keys using the function i mentioned eariler unless you have another way of doing it and anything to do with multimedia players, dvd, cd and such like.

----

cd player isnt so important, im more interested in mp3, mpeg, avi and dvd players

Gecko,

I do not mean to appear unwilling to share code snippets that would help you learn VB.

However, as I said before "I would be more than willing to share code that would help answer a question or give you a kick start on developing something that I have done in the past. I however am not willing to just post my libraries from my commercial products."

My code base focuses on database access, Office automation, and ACT integration. I do not have any code or applications that deal with multimedia functions or features.

Again, I am more than willing to post code snippets that I have that will address area you or others want to learn/develop. If I were to just post 'code' that would not benefit anyone, since I would spend a ton of time explaining what and how it does things (which I do not have the time to do) and it would not be very helpful for a person that is not fairly well versed in VB since you may not understand what is going on in the code.

Like I said, decoding the windows xp installation key was the main one I am trying to do. I know it is in base24 and I have found a c++ example and a delphi example but other then that I have no clue how to convert them languages in to vb nor do I know how to decode base24. I have started vb about a year ago and have been learning about data types, arrays multi dimensional arrays and some API's , taking in to consideration I was doing this along side with univeristy coursework and other studys so it has taken me a long time to do all the stuff I have done so far !!

Sorry If I was being a pain in the ass just I am really keen on learning on how to program and have been to a lot of forums and other websites. Yes I have been to that forum as well just on a different id ;)

Obviously you cant learn anything that is hard all at once !! I mean Rome wasn't built in a day ? , now was it !!!

thanks for the forum though, Not trying to be an asshole or nothing but that is why I was asking for any source code examples that he or anyone else for that matter was willing to send to me so I could learn from it. Like I said " WILLING " !!

This thread's going nowhere fast, and I smell a flame war... Gecko, if you want to continue discussing this with Jack, please do it via PM (where you should have started this conversation in the first place). Thread closed. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom