IE cant but FF can...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlon

In Runtime
I have a problem where IE can't view the banner of http://xbstorm.com/board but Firefox can.

I figured this might be a problem with the use of div tags and css... but it used to work so does anyone know what might fix it?

I use firefox, so i built the site according to how Firefox makes it look. I also want it to work fine in IE because most people still use that peice of crap

IE really doesn't adhere to CSS standards. When doing web development, after you get your site to render properly in Firefox, you'll need to hack it to death to get it working properly in IE. When I finish my own projects, my CSS files are usually filled with "star hacks" -- a line of CSS code preceded by an asterisk. Firefox ignores those lines, but IE does not.

Hmm. This is strange because i made changes to the Forums's design, but i did not change the code in the header which puts the banner in place...

Any ideas?

You'll need to change the code in the header (using star hacks, if you want) until it works in IE. Firefox will ignore your new lines, but IE will still render them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom