IDEs

IDEs - which do you use (mainly), and why?

• Netbeans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eclipse

• Microsoft

• Borland

• JBuilder

• None - Plain text editor

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of websphere, let alone used it. Is it really the most popular? Instinctively I would have given that award to Microsoft.

Indeed it is. VS comes in second within the industry.

You're probably right that outside the workplace VS is very much the most popular.

Dreamweaver for the few times I feel like messing around with web dev stuff
Bloodshed Dev-C++ for C++ (have to use this for my computer science class).

mainly pspad for vbscript. it's not really an ide rather a suped up text editor. I think ide need to be able to build / compile code as well. It has color syntax highlighting for a bunch of different languages, shows line numbers, tabbed interface when working with multple files, allows to read & write directly to an ftp (good for website coding).

editor PSPad - freeware HTML editor, PHP editor, XHTML, JavaScript, ASP, Perl, C, HEX editor

on the rare occassion that I would need to write a program using a Microsoft language, i'll use their express edition IDE. its free and fits my needs.

If i wanted to write java i'd prolly use netbeans because i think its most popular. Another top competing product would be eclipse.

edit - here's another i'll send your way. ScITE for AutoIt Scripts. Autoit is good for when you want to control a GUI interface. You may not be able to change or view the source of an application. Autoit allows you to get around this limitation by being able to control the GUI the same way a user would.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml

I use Visual Studio when ever I can, it's by far my favorite- C#, ASP.Net. However for all things Java I prefer NetBeans over Eclipse. For all my CSS, XML, and JavaScript I like to use DW since it finishes statements for you.

EditPlus 3 and Eclipse. I started off with BlueJ in school, and in college we had C++ using the good ol' command prompt. In Engineering, we started off with JCreator, but I was the only one who never used it, opting for Eclipse. Then, I took a summer diploma program in Java and the coach recommended shifting to EditPlus 3 to get the basics of code execution perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom