I need a program..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keadonen

In Runtime
I am not that good of a programmer. i only know Visual Basic 6.0 I currently have a gaming clan and i am curious how to make a program that is like a bulletin they can check every so ofter.
What i need this to do is:
1). have 2 administrator forms for clan leaders to type messages in for clan members to recieve.
2). Numerous forms for clan memebers to have so that they can check what is going on. (twl matches, cal matches ect...)

Any help would be greatly appeaciated, I dont know much programming only like... How to make a calculator (small programs that just use math). (also... If you can make the program for me that would own)

Thanks -
If you can help me with this personally please pm me. :)

Bump, and if u know any other programming languages that you would be able to make it with that would be good to :)

im a little confused...do you want an online bulletin board like this one? because if you do, you can download them, just search bulletin boards on google. if thisi isnt what ur talking about clarify a little more.

heres what i want it to do:

This panel is given to clan admin / leaders:
clanadminpaneltemplategu9.png

All those options can be set, and sent to this panel, which will be given to clan members to read - they cannot change settings tho but all the option will be transfered over to this bulletin type form:
clanmemberbulletinoutliai1.png

It would be like...

```````````````````````````````````_---- ClanMemberForm(s)
AdminPanels---->Internet>NumerousIp's[
__________________________________`----- Other Admin Panels settings update (dont rly matter tho)

i am only skilled enough to make things within a SINGLE form.. :(

So, it's sort of a messaging program? When you send out a message to clan members, it would send that message to all sorts of clan members?

I do not believe this would be very efficient, because clan members who are not on the Internet when the message is sent would not get the message (Unless, of course, on the event of a failed ping, the message could attempt to be sent during fixed time intervals, and when you do get a successful ping, the message is sent).

Also, this would have to deal with packets and whatnot (And VB6's take on packets is very unforgiving).

I believe it would be better for the program to send out e-mails to each clan member, that way, everybody would get the message, however, for the clan member to read the message would mean to regularly check e-mail, and who wants to do that? ;)

no one lol, its just easier if we need a last minute person and no one has ip and pw to server they can just check their thing without wasting time going through forums or checking emails :)

that was the whole point (I think its more convenient )

EDIT: what program would be good to send things across the internet?

Keadonen said:
EDIT: what program would be good to send things across the internet?
AIM, mostly because it doesn't use as much space as MSN. You can just tell clan members to sign on to AIM when they're on the internet and can also play.

now see, for this, I would go with a wiki, and they are free...

Or ya, email it. You (or somebody else) are going to be spending a lot of time developing this app for a handful of people that might have a life cycle of 24 months, tops. Also, your gonna want a programmer that can to port security, with this app, your talking about sending data that can be hijacked across the net. Sure you run the risk everyday, but still man, It aint worth it. Go with an IM or email, that would be your cheapest, secure, most readily available solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom