I need database help and info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hereisfun

Solid State Member
Im completely new to this "database" stuff and I have no clue were to start!
I want to make a comment box thing on my website and iv heard i need to make a database using Mysql and php.
Where do i start???:freak:

Any help will be great:happy:

YouTube - PHP Simple Login System Tutorial Part 1

In the beginning of this video, I show how to create a database with PHPMyAdmin (most webhosts have this) and then connect to it using PHP. The end of the video shows how to insert records into the database table.

This video tutorial is for a login system, however it uses the same principles that you will need, and if you know any PHP you should be able to modify it to suit your needs.

Hey thanks, I'm watching the video now.
What are you using to type the code in? It recognizes the codes.
Would dreamweaver work?
Remember i'm new to this, learning all this as i go, and some books :D

I'm using EditPlus 3, but any text editor will work. Some are made for programming and so they have highlighted syntax, auto indenting, line numbers, and so on.

Yes, Dreamweaver will work too, although you won't be able to use the design view like you can with HTML.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're planning on doing this on your home computer, you might want to take a look at my Apache/PHP/MySQL/PHPMyAdmin tutorial. If you want to use PHP scripts on your home computer, you'll need to have a webserver (Apache) and PHP installed and configured, and then you'll need the MySQL server if you want the database functionality, and of course PHPMyAdmin to manage MySQL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom