I need a consult

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizollah

Beta member
Hi:

I am student in Dubai. for next semester I have to prepare a project in IT section. my idea is:

A web site which user can sign in and give his/her username/password of the email. and ask the web site that whenever he receive an email from specific person the web site should send an sms to that user.

my problem is how we can connect to mail server like hotmail or gmail and check email and extract sender's email? I mean doing that with code.

do you think PHP will work?

please help me.
thanks

So... you think people are going to give you their Email password?

LOL. Good luck.

such services are provided by the banking sites usually
where in if there s ne account transaction the user is immediately sms ed by the bank.
well i think u need to renovate ur concept

I am not insisting on it. you are professional. you suggest, what change should I made to it?
by the way, it is just a sample project. I don't care people give me their password or not?

or if you have different idea about different project it is welcomed.

Well we are not here to do your project work for you. ;) We can help you with ideas along the way but we will not do the coding for you on this. You stated you have to prepare a project and it will be done that way. If you ask for someone to give you code i will close this down as fast as it is asked. We are not here to do your work for you. Just a heads up on that.

First i would agree with Craze. What does asking for a email password do? Other than give hacker a free rights to everyone email addy and password that uses your site. Plus trying to get hooked up with SMS will be tough. What if they are in the UK? What if they are ona prepaid phone? What if they do not realize that they are charged per SMS?

Everything has to be thought of first.

I am not insisting on it. you are professional. you suggest, what change should I made to it?
by the way, it is just a sample project. I don't care people give me their password or not?

or if you have different idea about different project it is welcomed.

first of all u dont know the gravity of the problem you want. if ur just an ameature in this i strongly recommend not to take up these tough lines.
cuz framing the architecture on one hand will be difficult and giving security from the hackers (or rather crackers ) will become most difficult task..
take a project which is related to e-biz that will be a easier option.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom