HTML sig banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, this has probably been asked before but, to make a banner in my sig like many of you have, is that HTML? Can anyone refer me to a link or give some instructions on how this is basically done, thanks!

Actually, new question. For my picture/ banner, can I reference the jpg or gif from my hard drive or does it have to be hosted by a site?

i assume it has to be hosted on a site.. unless of course, you have a T1 connection, a relatively good computer opened 24/7 with Apache running serving out your sig.. of course, then you have to get a dedicated IP and hopefully a domain name.. and manage your server to make sure it doesn't fail.. of course if you don't want to do that.. get another company to host you :D

For avatars, if they're within a certain size you can upload them to the TF server, but you can't reference it from your hard drive. Other than that and for pictures in sigs, they have to be on a server (assuming you aren't running a server, like furtivefelon said...). I've heard www.photobucket.com is good, never used it myself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom