HTML Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
I want to put my group logo on its new web page I am making. I am using dream weaver but also writing in a lot of the HTML myself (dreamweaver can't do it all!). I want to make sure the picture can not be retrieved off the homepage via right click, save image. I know there is a way to do this but how?

2nd question:

I would like to make a certain part of the site password protected. Not multiple passwords but a certain code my "clan" can type in to access server info. Then we don't have mindless wanderers spamming the servers.

You can't do that in HTML. You'll need something like this done in JavaScript: Right Click Block Javascript

To make part of the site password protected you'll need access to the root of the site. If it's a Linux server use the command chmod 700 followed by the directory name you want to block. If it's Windows then just change the permissions like you normally would.

That way when anyone else other than the admin tries to access it they'll be asked for a password.

You can't do that in HTML.

Ah, but you can. Using CSS you can overlay your images with a transparent background. So, if they try to right click your image and save as, all they get is the transparent background instead.

Code:
<html>
<head>
  <style type="text/css">
  .transparent {
      background:url('transparent.gif');
	  position:absolute;
	  top:0px;
	  left:0px;
	  width:310px;
	  height:310px;
	  z-index:2;
  }

.logo {
      background:url('image.jpg');
	  position:absolute;
	  top:0px;
	  left:0px;
	  width:310px;
	  height:310px;
	  z-index:1;

}
  </style>
</head>
<body>
<div class="transparent"></div>
<div class="logo"></div> 
</body>
</html>

Please don't disable right clicking with Javascript, that is extremely annoying. Just come to the realization that you cannot prevent people from stealing your images on a webpage.

EDIT: Oh, and to restrict access to certain parts of your website you'll either need to make a login system with a server-side language (like PHP, ASP, Perl, etc), or you'll need to use Apache's htaccess functions.

I am going to bump this with a new probelem.

Okay I don't know what I am doing wrong. Can't seem to figure this out.

This is what the page is supposed to look like with the links on the side in that order.

website.jpg

This is what it looks like when uploaded to 110mb.com. Links shrink themselves to little rectangles which appears as one purple block. (all the links are there)

onlinelook.jpg

Here is the code.. Is it because there are not proper breaks?

codeissue.jpg

Also 2 links that lead to 2 different steam pages always make both go to the same page. I want one to go to events and one the group page. But they either both go to events or both go to the group page.

The page Free Fallers

EDIT:

This is what the file order on 110mb looks like. All directories are good.

FileOrder.jpg

EDIT AGAIN:

Added breaks and nothing happened except that the purple box is now a purple line.

zoomclip.jpg

This is what YSlow says:

yslow.jpg

Notice in the URL on the first image, the "images" is lowercase and it loads. The rest are "Images" and do not load. This is your problem.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about on the second problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom