How to uninstall AdventureWorks sample databases? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Programming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default How to uninstall AdventureWorks sample databases?

How can I uninstall the AdventureWorks sample databases? They're not an application, so I can't do it via Add / Remove Programs or a downloaded uninstaller.

They're apparently corrupt, and they've been trouble from the git-go. The machine crashed when installing them. When I try to access them via SQL Server Management Studio, the machine crashes. When I try to reinstall them without uninstalling them, the machine crashes.

The setup prgram is SQL2008.AdventureWorks_All_Databases.x86.msi (yes, my machine is 32-bit) which I downloaded from Microsoft SQL Server Product Samples: Database - Release: SQL Server 2008 SR1, which a couple other folks have told me worked fine for them. And my installer is up to date, and the only system requirement (a correct version of Windows) has been met.

I don't want to guess which files I should delete manually - that could be inviting trouble.

In summary: help!

Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s

Send a message via MSN to office politics
Default Re: How to uninstall AdventureWorks sample databases?

drop it like its hot

DROP DATABASE (Transact-SQL)

Old 03-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: How to uninstall AdventureWorks sample databases?

I feel your pain. I had some SQL training and everything worked like a charm. Once I tried the same thing on my computer it all went kaput. I just reinstalled it first, then went to add/remove programs to remove it. There has to be a better sample DB to use other than AW. Good luck.