How to Install PHP on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jso

Baseband Member
Hi. I just got done reading the tutorial from http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/php4install.shtml, and I finished doing what it said, but it still doesnt seem to work. When I choose "restart" from control apache control, it says "cannot load c:\php\php4apache.dll" then it goes on and says, Specific module cannot be found. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, any other tutorial websites would be awesome. Thanks for your time!!

Not that this is directly the proble, but are you trying to use Apache 2 on XP Home?

But make sure that DLL is there because the Windows Installer doesn't install the apache DLL you have to download the other download and it includes it.

Well, ive tried using both Apache 2 and Apache 1.3 on Windows XP Professional. And Yes. I copied and pasted the files from the Directory into the new one.

If this isn't working for you i would suggest getting dreamwaver wx. As you can get many saved lines of code plus see the display of your product(css, php, html etc no matter what language you use it displays)

I've never heard of Dreamweaver WX must be new but esentially it would be doing the same thing unless it has the PHP engine built in since you don't really need apache to parse PHP code.

Ok, well I'm going to imply that you ment Dreamweaver MX. I do have that program, but when I try and edit pages and such, I never get to see the full content, I always get these funny little icons all over the place, so that is why I use Frontpage, but Dreamweaver seems better. Could you help me out?

Sorry i did mean mx. Are you getting a bunch of little x' box's were your pictures and text are suppost to be? Make sure you double check your code to see if its not that. Other wize i have no ideas, as i am not familiar with anything besides operation. Perhaps conatct macromedia about the problem or check here http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/?promoid=home_prod_dw_082403 would be suitable.
If you can not get get it working i would suggest saving all your Mx scripts as .php and have a run script line in your body and have that as your body content. There you can simply input any script you wish and in a flash bam you have a differn't page.(need a free host with php support there are some if i find any i'lll let you know i used to keep track but not any more)

With my time using Dreamweaver my PHP content always showed up as a little gold shield that said PHP it never actually show me the result.

thats very wierd. It may be that i have a background php program seeping thre wto dw allowing it to show php content. If you guys cant and its just me i guess thats whats happening 1 programs affecting the other.

And I had PHP and Apache on so it definately had all the nessecary programs.

Mabey it's in the settings somewhere who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom