how to format a hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlidkeeper91

In Runtime
I just wanted to now how to format a hard drive because I got an old computer from a friend that he didn't need and its stuff on it that I don't need. And I am going to put a second hard drive on my working computer that have right now.

plug it all in, then start up your comp so it enters windows (presuming your using your original as the main one still)

then go into my computer right click the new hard drive go to format in the list, do a full format.

also you posted this in the wrong section but I shan't hold that against you :)

If you don't have an OS on your comp, use a Windows boot disk (And preferably install Windows on one of you hard drives) and go into install windows and delete the partition, and it should get rid of all the data on it or use a boot program which you can put on to floppies. You most probably have an OS, and if so, please disregaurd this ;)

baronvongogo said:
plug it all in, then start up your comp so it enters windows (presuming your using your original as the main one still)

then go into my computer right click the new hard drive go to format in the list, do a full format.

also you posted this in the wrong section but I shan't hold that against you :)
Yea but it says that I cant format. Its windows millennium the worst windows you can get.

then get your bloody hind end over to a knoppix install where it's free. Or about any linux distro for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom