Status
Not open for further replies.

millad

Beta member
Hi,my name is Millad and i am not new to programming and web dev but i have a

problem i wish you could help me with.I have developed a php data entry web

app on a loaclhost (as usual Pph,MySQL and Apache) and i want to port it to

another computer.Now the thing is i don't want to manually install all the "Big

Three" all again on the target PC.I want to create a setup (.exe,.msi) that installs and

sets up everything and automatically run it in the system default browser on some port number

anytime the shortcut is clicked.I have see one of these before but i thing it

could have been other technologies.hope you can help.

Not sure what you mean by "default browser" but I think you're looking for an *AMP package List of AMP packages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The one you select will depend on the platform (since you mentioned exe and msi I guess this is Windows) and what level of security you want, it is my understanding that typically only the LAMP servers are actually secure.
I would advise installing from scratch though and even better if you do so in a virtual environment.

Hi, thanks for your replies Office Politics and Kmote.Here is what i really mean.I guess you know how most of the *AMPs work(a Server,A Database and is written in a Server-side lang.),i want to package my php web app similarly.Check out i2p.com and you would know what i am talking about.But i think the one for i2p is written in JSP.Thanks,hope you can still help.

Hi, thanks for your replies Office Politics and Kmote.Here is what i really mean.I guess you know how most of the *AMPs work(a Server,A Database and is written in a Server-side lang.),i want to package my php web app similarly.Check out i2p.com and you would know what i am talking about.But i think the one for i2p is written in JSP.Thanks,hope you can still help.

You want to distribute an installer which will install your web app and the components (APM) it relies on?

The way I would be tempted to do it is just to archive (zip, tar, etc) the whole directory. The result would be a carbon copy of what you have on your machine and all they would have to do is create whatever links they want.
The alternative is to use NSIS (nsis.sourceforge.net), it involves writing a script (or doing what I do and modify one of their examples) and then "compiling" it. The result is a nice exe installer for your app but writing the script may present a pretty significant challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom