How can i print files in a text file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DataMind

Baseband Member
hello lets say i have a mp3 folder with 500 mp3 and i want to print a list of them in a text file.How can i do that?thanks in advance

are they all mp3 files in that folder or do you have to determine if they are mp3 files or not. Also, was it just the mp3 files that you wanted listed in a text file ? If that is the case then I have a pretty good idea on how to do it. You can use the fso (FileSystemObject) within windows scripting to make the list of files you have in that folder and store it into a variable with the carriage return characters so that it puts each file name on the next line ( you would use chr(10) and chr(13) ) one after the other;)

Then you would use the file as input command to write it to the text file and make the text files input = to the variable.

I could make an example for you if you would like ?

I have just tried it and it looks like I will have to make a function that will go to the relevant next line to be able to write each song in to the text file, otherwise it just shows you the last song in your folder in the text file. I will keep working on it and when I work it out I will post the code. I am not sure if you wanted a directory box and a file list box but that is how I have done it as well as using the fso ( File System Object )

thanks alot for your reply, mp3 was an example i need a program which will print all files in a folder in a text file. if you have any code ready let me know thanks again! :)

1. Maxsimize the folder where the files are....
2. Make the Icons to be or "Small Icon" or "Details...
3. Press "Alt" "Prt Scr" at once...
4. Open Picture Editing Program.
5. Click paste as new image
6. Crop the useless part of the image (Like toolBar and etc..)
Leave only the list.
7. Print The Photo

your welcome, inn the source code im sure you can make it all files if you just change mp3 to say *.* or something like that or you could list all the file types, im not sure, I guess you could always ask scott since he was the one who answered the question. He re did it for me because I used the fso but I couldnt do the other half of it

i ve already done the *.* thing and now im trying to make it print the subfolder name too e.g britney spears change line oopsblah blah eminem blah blah. we could work together and make a good program. If you have any ideas contact me c_emmanouil@yahoo.gr.c u man

hey DataMind, can u please email me at the following email address :

gecko_au2003<AT>yahoo<DOT>com

Please replace <AT> with @ and <DOT> with a .

The reason I did that was so spiders dont pick my email address up and abuse it ;)

Then I can work with you on what ever it is you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom