help me choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

erkster

In Runtime
hey guys!!!!!!!!!$

i want to learn more about comps and programing so i was want to learn a language but i'm not sure which one

i want to learn the basics of anything i can(game making,web design,other stuff....lol)

so i did some research and i found that most sites (and my older brother)said that c# would be the best one.

so if you could recommend one and tell me what i can do with it that would be awesome

thanks

w3schools.com

One of the best places to get started with learning. I have learned some basics from there. Give that a try to start.

functionx.com is a good site for tutorials too.

C# Practical Learning

which language is best depends on the project. I was first formally taught to write code in C. Prior to that I wrote code for web pages and TI-83 calculators.

if you want to write code for web pages, I suggest learning HTML then PHP. php.net has a good manual posted online

If you want very basic web design coding start with HTML.

For writing a program like a simple file read and write try C.

Imo, if you learn HTML you should learn CSS at the same time, that way you get jump started with proper HTML methods, rather than trying to change bad coding habits later.

Imo, if you learn HTML you should learn CSS at the same time, that way you get jump started with proper HTML methods, rather than trying to change bad coding habits later.

+1.

PS: Hey look at all the ATI badges.

ok thanks but what one would you recommend?
It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to design websites/web systems you want to learn HTML for design and if you want to make web systems you can use PHP.
If you are more interested in systems development and not design I would work with Java or PHP or Python, something like that. There are plenty of books available from OReilly publishing or other online sites where you can get started. I highly suggest Learning Java from OReilly or Learning PHP from OReilly.
The biggest point I can stress is you NEED to learn it yourself, don't have people hand you code all the time, you wont be a good programmer if you don't figure it out for yourself! (Google is your friend)
If you get so far as to wanting a real challenge in programming you can move on to C++ too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom