Having problems with my Paypal Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
Hello everyone. I have been a member here for a long time, and I know that if anyone can help me with this problem it's you all.

Forgive my lack of knowledge with PHP, HTML, or java. I am a hardware guy, and I am only beginning to learn about setting up websites.

My boss is having a problem with one of his websites ( Http://foammattressdiscounts.com ) paypal link.

When you add an item to cart (any of the beds), and click the Google Checkout, or Click Here To Pay (the personal SSL link for our website) it works just fine, but when you click the Paypal link it doesn't re-direct to paypal.

If you look at Http://lastingimpressionsfoam.com, add to cart, and click the paypal link, it works fine. These are both his websites.

So Lastingimpressionsfoam works, and Foammattressdiscounts.com does not work.

The code is identical when I look at the paypal button in Dreamweaver. (sorry if this is not the area I should be looking at, as I said I'm new to this stuff)

This is the link code for the website.

<input type="image" name="submit" alt="Checkout with PayPal" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckout.gif" />
<input type="hidden" name="provider" value="paypalpaymentsprous" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="set_external_checkout" />

This portion of the code does not contain any sort of redirect or hyperlink, so I'm confused because I thought that I could click the paypal button in Dreamweaver preview, look at the code for both websites, compare them, and then fix whatever was wrong with the broken one.

Please help me. I'll provide any information I need to (except login and admin info for the sites, for obvious reasons).

From what I heard from Comodo (our SSL provider) it's a redirect issue. Hostgator is hard to work with, and it's like pulling teeth explaining anything to them so we haven't had any luck with that.

Any information is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that it might be paypal not being configured correctly, and instead of taking payments, it fails and redirects to the page it's been configured to go to on order fail/cancelation(possibly the cart). Take a look in paypals seller settings and compare it to the same settings on the second website you mentioned.

I had a look at the html and ran through with console, but couldn't find anything which would indicate why it's failing. Sorry if i'm not help =[

Thanks for the response. The solution was that my boss was trying to use 1 Paypal account with both websites. Apparently he needed a new Paypal API for the new website, or something.

:) Thanks for your help, murdocsvan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom