GNU/LGNU Licence Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

freefall

Beta member
ok, so i tried reading the GNU/LGNU and got totally lost by all it all...

i get confused with end user agreeements and such... so sorry if this is a really dumb question...

but im wondering, i have 2 icon sets, one released under GNU, the other one realesed under the LGNU licence. my question is this... and this is what i gather from what i kinda understood...

Can i use these icons in a software application that im developing, as long as i mention that i A) did not create the icons, and B) link to the source of those icons.

the only reason im asking is its for Paid-Software...so i just want to know what i can or cant do...

Thanks, Justin

You can use the LGPL ones but you can't use the GPL ones.
The only exception is that you can use the GPL ones ONLY if they are like an addon, that someone needs to manually place in order to add non-essential functionality or override existing ones.

Well, either that or make your software GPL, but I doubt you want that.

The original poster got it slightly wrong... GNU is the organisation that wrote the GPL/LGPL. (GPL meaning 'GNU Public Licence')

What's funny is that GNU stands for Gnu Not Unix. So does this mean that GNU would exponentialy get longer and longer as you broke down each case of GNU?

Lol this baked my noodle for along time when I first too my linux class...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom