game program college decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

askquest1on

In Runtime
I've been doing alot of research how to go about the game development and am stuck with computer science and game programming courses at school which do you guys think would help broaden my knowledge about game programming.

What are your course options? Are talking about which overall program to take or individual courses?

I've heard computer science is more in depth as game programming is kinda just learning the theories.
I've checked the programs (CS) out and the only schools that offered computer science was Ryerson and UFT and im not really qualified to go to university.

On the positive side tho I've heard game programming is just as good as you actually learn to make games and your with a classroom with ppl who are just as passionate about games as I.

Computer science is 90% theory and 10% practical. Game development, which is what I majored in in school, is about 70% hands on coding with the necessary theory on how to lay out an engine, how DirectX/OpenGL work and how to interact efficiently with all types of hardware.

Computer science is 90% theory and 10% practical. Game development, which is what I majored in in school, is about 70% hands on coding with the necessary theory on how to lay out an engine, how DirectX/OpenGL work and how to interact efficiently with all types of hardware.

What school did you go to? and how was your experience there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom