Game engine found now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phandentium

In Runtime
For those of you who have read my posts about the right game engine to use i have decided to use the Quake 3 game engine. But there are a few things i need / need to know.

First off is the Quake 3 engine the source code? I wasnt completley sure. If it isnt then please give me a link to get the engine.

Second, I need some sort of pk3 editor

And third, I need some form of guide to show me how to utilize the engine.

Thanks a bunch!:D

shade11 said:
For those of you who have read my posts about the right game engine to use i have decided to use the Quake 3 game engine. But there are a few things i need / need to know.
ok..
shade11 said:
First off is the Quake 3 engine the source code? I wasnt completley sure. If it isnt then please give me a link to get the engine.

do some research, i do believe an engine of that quality requires immense amount of licence fee, therefore it is only limited to companies or individuals with deep pockets.. If you can find a free version, well, go right ahead.. (i don't believe your first sentence makes sense either, "is the Quake 3 engine the source code?"?! what kind of question is that?)

shade11 said:
Second, I need some sort of pk3 editor

not sure what you mean by pk3 editor, here is the google search result: http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=pk3+editor&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
no free pk3 editor as far as i can see..

shade11 said:
And third, I need some form of guide to show me how to utilize the engine.

if it's a free engine, you *might* be able to find some online, it would be quite easy to search for if there is any.. Learn to google please..

After reading your post, the best advice i can give is to learn more about computers.. Since you obviously don't know the first thing that goes into any endeavour.. There is a very good saying that you should keep in mind, extraordinary results requires extraordinary efforts, when you don't even bother to formulate your thoughts properly by doing some research before you ask questions.. Please don't expect any helpful advice.. Since ALL of the questions you have asked in this post is basic research, so PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH!

lol crazy thread :) you cant just download a game engine.

Look on sourceforge there might be some free game engines on there. Also a game requires a lot of time and effort, Id suggest using something like a built in editor people use for modding. Half life 2 has one and so do many other games.

I could just take the source code of quake 3 and make my own game with it. Because the source is GPL.

I did do research before but I decided to ask at the same time as well. I am sorry it was such a mess.

I do know it will take alot of work. I've been prepared for it. I have other people working with me. I also know how to do 3d modeling so I will be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom