Free C++ Compliler and Driver

texas

Solid State Member
I'm looking to brush-up on some C++ programming. What is the best, FREE, compiler/driver download for C++, for a PC?

Thanks, y'all.

I always liked Code::Blocks when I did C++ work.

Works on Linux, Windows, and Mac (I think).

Just make sure you get the one that says it includes MingW, otherwise you're just getting the IDE, but no actual compiler.

I've always used Visual studio... only cause it's the only one I have been exposed to. May try out Code::Blocks.

I've always used Visual studio... only cause it's the only one I have been exposed to. May try out Code::Blocks.

I mainly use CB for C/C++. Unless I'm debugging some troublesome stuff, then I switch over to Visual Studio as it's debugging interface is fantastic.

Switched to VS when I started to develop in C#.

I mainly use CB for C/C++. Unless I'm debugging some troublesome stuff, then I switch over to Visual Studio as it's debugging interface is fantastic.

Considering you said its debugging is fantastic, maybe I will just stay with VS since I am not that strong of a programmer and errors happen quite frequently ^_^

I rely a lot on the debugger

Thanks, man! I appreciate the direction. Unfortunately, I can't thank you again, having thanked you in the last thread I started.

Considering you said its debugging is fantastic, maybe I will just stay with VS since I am not that strong of a programmer and errors happen quite frequently ^_^

I rely a lot on the debugger

Then maybe you should use a less-featured IDE so you can strenghten your skills then switch over ;).

Thanks, man! I appreciate the direction. Unfortunately, I can't thank you again, having thanked you in the last thread I started.

Lol no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Back
Top Bottom