Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
What is the best way to create a dicussion board and is there an html i can copy? cause i barly know anything about internet programming lol

Thanks in advanced!

Er.. you definitely can't make a message board with HTML. Message boards are hugely complex scripts that you need to know PHP (or something similar) and SQL, among other things, to write. There are some pre-coded message boards available though... One of the best is vBulletin (www.vbulletin.com), but it's expensive. Good free ones are phpBB (www.phpbb.com) and Invision (www.invisionboard.com). However, installing them can be a little bit tricky if you're new, so you might want to see if anyone will do it for you, or if your host will pre-install it.

Hope this helped. :)

[Edit: I just checked out the Invision website for the first time in a few months, and it looks like they're charging now. It's still good software though.]

my brother uses Invision board to run his forum (www.ukhhf.co.uk/forum if you want to see it as an example as TF uses VBullitin) and he got it free with his hosting package! But as emily said actually from their website you have to buy it... but you will probably need a host anyway (as most free hosts dont support PHP and SQL) so if you look around with hosts you will see which ones will give you InvisionBoard as part of the package.... either that or find an open source alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom