Flow Chart Generators....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shervieux

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have been googling and found a bunch of flow chart generators that will take programming code and produce a flowchart from the code. Now, while there are some good ones out there, none of the ones I found support MUMPS. Most do your popular languages, such as Visual anything, Java, Perl, PHP, etc.

I have been a mumps programmer for years, but I have to train a new programmer (she never programmed in any language). This new programmer thinks visually in terms of flow charts. Does anyone know of a flow chart program that will interpret mumps and create a flow chart. Would be helpful to me as well, since I must now support a rather poorly designed system where the variables are generic like (x,n) rather than meaningful like (lname); and the entire system is spaghetti code and also dumps variables to the operating system then brings them back up - so most variables are %something (like %x, %xx, %n).

I would like to teach whoever wrote the system proper coding techniques. I don't know how they supported it, never mind someone who has to pick up after them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom