[firefox] ie coding showing differently on firefox??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nep2099

Beta member
hello, i registered today to ask you a question:

i coded a webpage before i started using firefox, and recently i've only been using firefox and found out a lot of ppl actually use firefox. i viewed my webpage on firefox but there was a bit of difference from the same page shown in internet explorer.

(picture attached)

as you can (not-so-clearly) see, the table border in firefox browser is in a default grey shade while internet explorer is set to show green border.

and i have set frames for this webpage, and while internet shows no scrollbar in a page (therefore showing the illusion of "frameless"), firefox show the scrollbar between frames making the page look ugly and just no right.

i tried typing scrollbar="0" to fix the frame problem, but it did no good. and i have no idea what i have to do to fix the table border.

please help me with this problem. thank you :)

nep2099,

Yup, this is a BIG problem with browsers other than IE. Firefox default settings like font size,spacing etc are quite different from that of IE. The page you created for IE doesn't look the same when viewed in IE. The only solution I can offer you, is to change the default settings in firefox and view the page.

hmmm, doesnt that mean the visitors other than me will have to change their browser setting as well to see the page normally? ive been viewing other websites and i didnt notice anything different from IE. wouldnt they use a code to display the page exactly the same on both the firefox browser and the ie browser?

ive been viewing other websites and i didnt notice anything different from IE

Actually there is quite a lot of difference. You can check with the T.F site. It looks totally different in IE and in Firefox.

wouldnt they use a code to display the page exactly the same on both the firefox browser and the ie browser?
Yup, and depends on the language used too.. I guess CSS can be used to solve such problems...

Infact, i did my site with basic HTML , with frontpage. Its perfect when viewed in IE, but looks totaly crapped out in Firefox!!

Front page generates a very IE specific code. CSS is definetely a good way. In addition to that you can use JavaScripting to determine the browser and thus generate the page accordingly.

thanks guys, i have tried the CSS coding to fix the table problem and it worked. but i dont know how to get rid of the scroll bar in the frameset with the CSS code. can anyone teach me how i can do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom