Easiest way to learn C++?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymunee80

Beta member
im fairly comfortable with html but i dont want to take a class on c++. is there an online course or something. Even a good book would be helpful.

I neglected to mention two things: First, Thinking in C++ assumes you are a C programmer. You can still use it, of course. You just may need to look up a few things. Second, at times it is a bit unclear, and can be difficult to understand.

Just take a step back, and ask a question in either case and you should be fine. There are plenty of C++ programmers here on these forums, so don't be shy and ask for help if you need it. We all need a hand sometimes.

If you have background in programming with other languages(NOT HTML) and algorithms , like VB or something else, you should have no problem learning from source codes. I suggest www.pscode.com

I started learning with Sam's Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days. It was fairly good for just getting down some basics, but that's really all you need to learn in order to actually start programming. The best way to learn C++, for me at least, is to actually code (which is why taking classes for it is fairly effective... you have to do homework :p) and just mess around with stuff until you understand what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom