E-mailable Icon with link

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneno

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,
I'm working on an e-mail ad campaign and was wondering how can I build and send an icon that has our companies web address embedded in it so all our customer has to do is click on the supplied icon (that can be placed upon there desktop) that would link them up?
Thanks in advance!:confused:

Well, you could make a company logo and embed that in the email (it would have your company's website URL in the image, and link directly to your website - much like the Tech Forums logo up the top of this site).

The object is to offer our customers ease of access to our website. I work in the industrial after market sector and our customers have rudimentary skills at best and a simple desktop shortcut embedded in the icon would serve the purpose best. I don't want to have to walk each and every person (we have 4,000 customers) through the task of creating a desktop shortcut, so to supply one would make more sense and easier.

What if the customer doesnt want the desktop shortcut? What if they delete it? What if they can't see it cause they have desktop icons turned off?

To say they have rudimentry skills at best is insulting and shameful. If they are using a PC right there is more than enough skill to figure out how to open a web browser and type in your business web site address.

Maybe you should ASK your customers what they want instead of brute forcing your way onto their desktop where you may not be wanted.

What if the customer doesnt want the desktop shortcut? What if they delete it? What if they can't see it cause they have desktop icons turned off?

To say they have rudimentry skills at best is insulting and shameful. If they are using a PC right there is more than enough skill to figure out how to open a web browser and type in your business web site address.

Maybe you should ASK your customers what they want instead of brute forcing your way onto their desktop where you may not be wanted.

Agreed.

No offense, but I don't think the knowledge you are seeking will be used in a legitimate way. It seems to be you are looking for ways to create spyware. I apologize if I am jumping to conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom