Dynamic equation model in Excel - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Programming
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2017, 04:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Dynamic equation model in Excel

Hi guys,

I am looking to create a dynamic model that enables me to search news articles based on a set composition of key words (e.g. "Bakery" AND "Bread" NOT "Confectionary") or ("Bakery" NEAR-10 "Bread" NOT "Confectionary"). The system I work in combines and excludes words with the commands AND or NOT, whereas NEAR-10 implies that it should not be more than ten words between them in the article. Kind of like a tailored and more detailed Google search.

So my problem is that I want to create a model where it is easy to change and add words to this search link. Is this even doable with Excel or do you need more advanced programs? I'm quite green at programming, so apologize beforehand for any stupid questions. I hope I managed to explain my problem adequately.

Best regards from Oslo.
magtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On