Dos (batch File) Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff takes me back. I used to write these years ago when I was like 12. It's just really simple scripting, not hard at all. You can find good examples to follow if you check out a few old dos-based games. Many of them used batch files as a front end for the program or the installer.

i tied the help command on the dos screen but i think that it hasnt mentioned all the commands is it true...?
cuz commands like "then" & "else" were not on the help list....

r there commands which r not listed in help option but still exist.....?

They only exist in DOS Scripting. You can't use them in a normal DOS Session :D.

Yes, the commands still have help options :)

dude how am i supposed to lear if haalf the stuff is hidden at abyss of their programs....
this stuff is freaking:freak: me out ne other scripting tutorial which will help me out ....
days r running out..

plzz dude help me ......:rolleyes:

this was the one i was looking for ....:D
thnx dude u have saved my life.... one thing just came into my notice if i program ne thing wrong in the DOS it will defenitly affect the system is there ne stimulator program for that which be xactly like it but wont hinder the actual system files

I used to make these as well back when I was about 15 or so... I made visual basic programs that ran batch files because I didn't know / didn't want to learn to code visual basic, lol... But now I learned how to code visual basic.. and it's fun =P

What exactly are you making?

And about that simulator... umm, lol.. I doubt you would program the wrong thing without knowing it... but do you have another computer to program on? I program on my laptop =P but I think you will be fine if you don't worry about it... you can't screw up that bad.

well i do have a desktop & a laptop but my laptop is totally ruin with Trojans and spy wares & the worst part is that i have lost the driver cd. cant reformat...!
well i asked for the simulator kind of thing not cuz of wrong programing but i want to experiment few things of my own & i am quite sure that those codes will harm the system.. and cause alterations which will be difficult to repair.

Can you make a .bat file run things like chkdsk an other windows commands?

well those are very basic commands ....
well one thing
when i wanted to chang my directory path from c:/> to
c:\windows\temp
i just wrote in the batch file
cd windows
cd temp

when i excecuted it it navigated to windows but failed to navigate to temp folder i didnt get why is that so.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom