Dos (batch File) Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattew

Banned
hey guys i have a project which deals with a **** lot of these
batch file programing . i
have always confined myself to c/c++ & html this is entirely new for me.i genuinely ask if ne one knows any ebook or tutorial which will help me learn this within a months time..
plzz guys help me out.......!

well if there is an ebook about it where i can learn about it .
rather than being connected all the time to net to refer the material.
well is it helpful is modifying windows i mean change the starting look and customizing the windows with help of these.....

Batch scripting is more into working with the file system, that sort of thing. There are many commands you can use, but the most common use is for working with the FS. You should look into Visual Basic or one of the .NET framework languages for that.

Kind Regards,
Techpro5238

i am not talking about the visual looks at all.i mean when windows is booting up the autoexe.bat file is being excecuted. i mean if i make my own batch file and add my batch files path in autoexe.bat then i can fetch wat i want for that i need a depth knowledge in batch programing ..... could u find ne EBOOKS that will teach me this stuff from the scratch
i would be gr8ful................

The first part of that process (if you are learning a new language) you need to know where to get research. Just Google Batch Scripting Ebooks and I am sure you will come up with something or other.

Kind Regards,
Techpro5238

well i am not getting a specific book which willl teach me batch scripting for DOS i mean i am getting ebooks more which talk about linux and unix and bash shell r these related to batch programing or poles apart ...
i would appreciate if u could give me a proper link since u r batch programing expert u will know which ebook is better and wil teach me from the scratch

I didn't use an Ebook. I learned with experience ;).

I only program batches on Windows DOS. I actually have no idea how terminal works as I never spend time with Unix or Linux :D.

Just Google search, programming with batches and get your first tutorials that way. After that start looking up your questions, then move onto advanced batch scripting.

if u have seen my first post i am running out of time and dont have enough time with this stuff .
can u give me a vague idea about it in the post itself or a link (ofcourse no ebook) which will give me various tricks tips etc.
i just want to know more on basics for now. so that i feel comfortable in the DOS enviorment

Try just reading from DOS. Learn the following commands:

del
echo
@echo off
set
IF
THEN
ELSE

Use those commands at the command line with the /? or -? switch and you will learn a lot more than I can type in one post :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom