Don't know exactly how to put it but how do you "publish" C++ programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theopfor

In Runtime
I have been learning C++ its a pretty cool language and I have some programs I want other people to see. I only have one problem with it though. I want to send my family the little programs and stuff I have been making and they seem interested in it. Well I want it so that I can make the program into 1)something I can send in an email or upload to a website and 2)have it so they won't have to have an IDE to see it. Almost like a .exe file (I am pretty sure that is what I need but don't know).

If you compile the .CPP, it will create an EXE. This is if you do it in Windows, anyway. If you make it in Linux, it will make a .o file.

Just compile the program in Windows, and it will create an executable file (.exe). Put the program in a zip file, and send it to them.

It might end up in their spam folder since it's a zip file, just tell them to check their spam folder if they don't receive it in their inbox.

No, main.cpp is the source file. You need to compile it in your IDE, and it should create a .exe file somewhere (either in a debug folder or somewhere, depnding on what IDE you're using). That's the file you need to send. Not a .cpp file.

If you're using Windows, and you hit "Build" (looks like a gear), it creates an executable (.exe file) in <your project folder>\bin\debug

That's the file you want.

If you didn't create a Project, then it should create the executable in the same directory as your .CPP file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom