dll not loading- FileLoadException

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristenApril

Beta member
The problem I am having is that I am getting a System.IO.FileLoadException when trying to load the RWLock.dll on a test box and Windows xp machines. This is the exception that is thrown when it tries to load the dll on the windows 2003 server machine (most likely 32 bit):

System.IO.FileLoadException: A procedure imported by 'rwlock, Version=1.0.3889.27926, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be loaded.

File name: 'rwlock, Version=1.0.3889.27926, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007007F): The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)...

However, we have not had any problems trying to run this on a Windows 2007 server machine (64 bit).Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

I'd go with the suggestion you got on StackOverflow. - distribution problem.

Since you posted in the programming section - read-write locks are to prevent synchronous access of a file by multiple threads in a program. This prevents processes that are operating at approximately the same time from overwriting each others' information that was already written to the file. This can be done many ways: test and set, (P and V) semaphores. Java implements these at a very high level to simplify things with "synchronized" methods. I'm not sure what language your program was developed in, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom