Distinguishing C++ Templates By Source Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXiMuS_N00BuS

Baseband Member
I got some e-books on C++ and C# and some of them came with example codes (that build), but I have no idea what kind of template (c++) to use to build and run it. I can post the example code here if needed. It doesn't say if its a "Windows Forms Application" or "Win32 Console Application" or anything like that. It should be noted that there are two files that go with it. One is a "C++ Source" file and the other is a "C/C++ Header" file. Sorry if its not understandable (not an advanced programmer... yet!!), it's the best I could explain without posting the code.

The title was the question. I want to know (without posting the code if possible) what codes are assigned to what templates by looking at the source. Another thing, if I just double-click the codes, will it open the correct template automatically?

You have misused the word "template", because in C++ a template allows the generic implementation of a class or function. What I think you what is the software/tools to compile and run the source code from the book. You probably want an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), this is a application that brings together all the tools you need to write, build and debug a program. There are free ones available for example Dev-C++ or Code::Blocks. These are not simple programs so I suggest you reread the book to find instructions of how to build the programs. Also I'd expect the programs your building to be simple command-line program, so you should be able to run them via the command-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom