CSS HTML

Captain Xarzu

Solid State Member
Hello forum. I have inherited a project. It uses CSS to format the body of the web page.

Its appearance needs reworking. Right now it looks like a bock plopped in the middle of the browser window. I want it to have nice borders and a header going across the top and the bottom.

Here is what it looks like now:

Here is what I would like it to look like:

I am not as experienced with CSS as I would like to be. But I was able to dig into the code and find where the html was formatted. I am writing this post now because I would prefer if this design was on a table rather than on the entire HTML page.

The CSS element "html" is defined ni a "main.css" file like this:

html{background-color:#eee;padding:0px;overflow:auto;height:100%;}html body,html form{background-image:url('../images/body-background.gif');
width:1200px;margin:0px auto;box-shadow:0 0 15px 15px #bbbbbb;padding:0px;}
the image
../images/body-background.gif
is not the background of the whitespace on the right and left. This gif file is the background of the block in the middle.

So, how do I make this declaration a table declaration instead of a declaration and format for the entire page? And once this change has been made, what sort of corresponding code changes do I need to do in other code files?

You'll want to look into using div's in HTML. Combine those with CSS classes and ID's and you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom