CSS - Cascading Style Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel8552

Beta member
I wanted to find out if anyone can tell me a workaround for using CSS hover links on images? I've got a problems where I used border="1" for some of my images on the page and when browsing using Opera, Mozilla, etc. I'm getting the border to hover (or change color) like a link does. This doesn't happen in IE which is what I used to design the site around. I know that I can redo the images and set border to 0, but I wanted to find out if anyone knows a way to set images not to hover? Thanks.

but I wanted to find out if anyone knows a way to set images not to hover? Thanks.
Hmm, what do you mean by setting an image not to hover? You want the link to remain the same color regardless of hovering/clicking it?

well, If a link will change color,hover or whatever, is not a program-side thing.
It depends on the settings each user has to his browser. The same button or
link on a site, might change color at my pc, stay the same at yours etc.
You can't control that. The only thing you can do is to think something to force
any browser to interact the same. for example, instead using the simple link
code, you can set the position, width and height of your images and tell to the program
that whenever the mouse clicks within the specific box, open a link. HTML
doesn't give many "controling" functions... you better try to make it with PHP
or Java applet...especialy in Java applet you can do whatever you want because what user will see will depend ONLY to you! no matter settings, no
matter screen resolution etc etc...

well, If a link will change color,hover or whatever, is not a program-side thing.
It depends on the settings each user has to his browser. The same button or
link on a site, might change color at my pc, stay the same at yours etc.
You can't control that.
Not entirely true...most browsers are on "default" - they use colors/layouts specified by the content they're looking at. Granted, some may override this, but it is by no means common. CSS controls this completely in this case, since you most likely are not designing the page for the select few who override their settings.

A Java applet would indeed allow for more control, but it's a lot more overhead and will cause the page to take longer to load, require the user to have Java installed, etc. It's not the way you want to go, for general website design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom