Cross-Platform E-Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aayla

Beta member
Hi all!

Need some assistance or some brain storming if itÂ’s ok.
IÂ’ve been put in charge of developing an e-newsletter for our company, however as IÂ’ve started planning this lilÂ’ endeavor, IÂ’ve come to realize some probable obstacles. Mainly the fact that most of the clients we will be sending our e-newsletter out to will indeed have different email clients. Is there any scripting or bots or applications that I can embed to enable it to read the clients email client and hence switch to text. These clients are obviously aware of this newsletter and it will not be considered spam or anything of such. I cant seem to think of a way around this..
Hopefully my explanation is sensible..
Thanks guys in advance..
:)

"to read the clients email client and hence switch to text."

what does that exactly mean... I don't get it lol

Lol.. wat i meant was somehow detect the email client ie detect that it can read HTML or Text or both.. get me? For example Outlook can read both text and HTML, however some Unix based email clients cannot... sorry about the ambiguity.

well there might be a way to do it, but I haven't tried it myself. The basic idea is to add a header to the email, and format the email with boundaries. the message will look like:

--boundary___1
Content-Type: text/plain

Plain Text Message Here

--boundary___1
Content-Type: text/html

HTML Message Here

--boundary___1--

then you want to add the email header :

Mime-Version: 1.0
content-type: mutli-part/alternative; boundary="boundary__1"

of course your email client won't let you mess with the header, but many web programming language can do it, for example php has a mail function with which you can craft a totally customized email. You might want to ask around people and see if any technician in your company knows how to program php, and tell him/her the basic idea and you might get some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom