creating software for a controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

amateur777

Beta member
I want to create a program that receives signal from usb and interprets it.I had in mind of creating a mouse type object that lets you move a cursor around the screen. I want to build it from scratch. Is there any language i can use to create a program that does this without having to create drivers? I do not want to get into OS's and driver programming. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

I do not want to get into OS's and driver programming.
Then you should probably look for a different project. If you've never done any low-level coding or embedded systems work, you may find this task prohibitively difficult. If you wish to pursue this project, research Cypress Semiconductor USB development kits. I've personally used the Cypress EZ-USB FX2 microcontroller for creating usb controllers, and I would recommend it. The dev kit was around $400 when I used it a few years back. Has great documentation, though.

Thanks alot.
Ill research about low level coding etc. and decide whether to do it or not. I wont do it unless i am sure i can finish it. I do not want to waste money. Do you recommend any programming languages? (like c++, c etc, I know the bare basics of Visual basic)
Thanks,
Keshav

If you're doing low level coding, you'll have no choice but to use assembly and C. You'll need to brush up on your digital systems design, computer architecture, and operating systems, which I'm assuming is going to be Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom