Creating a Programming Language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaner917

Solid State Member
What would be needed to completely create a new programming language? Ex: Using the simplicity of HTML, and the power of say C or C++?

Thanks!

You can't really make one with "the simplicity of html and the power of C or C++" simply because HTML isn't a language. It's a markup language. But anyways, you'd probably need a good understanding of ASM, to write the compiler.
But you really need a good reason to recreate a language. C# for example really put the simplicity of Java but the power of C++ to reality.

Well, I'm trying to learn C++ and DirectX 9.0 on my own, so I can begin work on a basic engine for a game. I'm learning that it is not that easy. I'm also using Bloodshed C++ Dev, as my utility.

I can do basic "Hello World" programs... that's about it. :(

Any help in furthering myself into more advanced topics would be appreciated! Unless, I CAN develop my own language...

I have some lessons in C++ that i wrote for some other website that i can post later in the tutorial section for you. I'll also add some new lessons sometime in the future as well.

Thanks! Your help would be extremely appreciated. And I'll look in the Tutorial Section, from time to time. :)

how can we develop a compiler for a programming language?
in fact, i am really impressive of those who can develop such powerful programming language such as Java, C#, C++ or even C.
what are the basic steps for doing that?
---------------------------------------------
thank you :)

Someone told me that I quote: "Should go to a Tech Institue for 4 years and find out". :(

Maybe someone in here can give us a better answer than that?

Ok, there is absolutly NO WAY you will hurry up the process. First you will need to learn C++ in depth, then learn directX. I won't lie to you, it will take you a long time before you know how to write a game engine.
The only way you might speed the process up at all is to learn C#...because c# is easy, and just as powerful as C++, and can also use DirectX.
Even if you do choose to learn C#, it will still be a good few months, possibly year or so, before you're writing a game engine. And to create your own language capable of using directx you would have to FULLY understand directx, C++, and a simple language. To do that, it would honestly take you YEARS to do.
Don't rush it, you'll get there when you get there. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom