creating password! please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jov_damo86@yaho

Beta member
:( i want to create a password when using my USB stick, but i dont know how...
please help me from creating password using a script or VB but not using any software!
THANKS!

ya, exactly what are you wanting to protect with said password. Gotta be specific man. Besides, I don't think this really belongs in the programming forum.

i guess he means, he wants to protect USB pen drive with password, so that whenever it is plugged into any computer, it asks for password before it opens the real thing :)

Is that technically possible? Without passwording every individual file?

I guess the only thing possible is use something like winace to encrypt them all in 1 archive. Though the other comp would need something like winrar, winace etc installed on it.

ohhhh....ya. hmmm...encrypting an entire volume, gosh I can't think of anything that would be cross platformable and embedded. I know pgp could do that, and most linux platforms have gpg (GnuPG, or Open PGP) Man almighty, I don't know, but I would almost partition your USB drive, one for encrypted/secure stuff, the other unencrypted/unsecured for what ever reason. But again, PGP may not be embeddable.

You have to use softwares for sure! You need to encrypt and decrypt the whole flash drive.... and it will take sometime to encrypt and decrypt if you have a big thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom