Compiling Java with "Ready to program"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnoch

Daemon Poster
Hi
I am a learner in programming, using Java. More specifically, using a program called "Ready to program". I just wanted to know where I can get a run time compiler for it (if possible at all) as I am sick of only being able to use my programs on computers with ready installed.
Thanks
dnoch

You said "You need a way to compile to native Win32 executable code."

Could you please be a bit more specific
thanks

Yes, java compilers do not generate code that windows knows how to execute. Therefore, to run it without installing the Java software as you mentioned, you need a 'native' Windows executable.

the program you mentioned first of all is only a shareware, so it's not worth learning one software where you only have 30 days of trail license... and from my understanding, you need JRE anyhow, so what's the point of compiling it? (you can't compile java programs in my experience, prob i'm reading something wrong? Because one of the supposed adventage is to be able to run anywhere with a bytecode interpreter in between..)

try download Java JDK 5.0, search that on google and it'll give you java.sun.com's link (only download from that address please :D).. then grab a real IDE, such as eclipse (www.eclipse.org), or a simple editor that can do compile: www.textpad.com, learn to use a editor/IDE, there are plenty of help online :D

I have the full version of Ready to program. I use it because I am learning programming with "HSA Console" - an easier form of java. After that, I will go on to proper Java. I tried a native Win 32 executable, and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom