comparison of some ide's

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I've been having a look at various software and was wondering what the gurus out there thought was the best program to use for creating apps with cool gui's. In particular, the free/open source software. I want to stick with c++ because it's an efficient code but I'm not too familiar with using software with IDE.

I'm familiar with using Visual C++.NET and a bit of Borland c++ Builder. I quite like c++ Builder, but I wanted to start using some free stuff - I don't like the idea of buying software...

I was interested in Dev c++ with the IDE. Is this good software for creating gui's? What else would be recommended? I noticed the c++ Builder v5.5 compiler is free, but does the package that goes with this include the whole lot to write windows apps?

thanks,

billy said:
Hi all,

I've been having a look at various software and was wondering what the gurus out there thought was the best program to use for creating apps with cool gui's. In particular, the free/open source software. I want to stick with c++ because it's an efficient code but I'm not too familiar with using software with IDE.

I'm familiar with using Visual C++.NET and a bit of Borland c++ Builder. I quite like c++ Builder, but I wanted to start using some free stuff - I don't like the idea of buying software...

I was interested in Dev c++ with the IDE. Is this good software for creating gui's? What else would be recommended? I noticed the c++ Builder v5.5 compiler is free, but does the package that goes with this include the whole lot to write windows apps?

thanks,
Delphi has the best IDE as far as I can tell, It lets you make GUI's easily. Since you said your familiar with using Visual C++ .NET and want something free then try the free line of Visual Studio tools.
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/

I have the following installed on my system.

Borland Delphi 7
Borland C++ Builder v5.5 compiler (Free)
MS Visual Basic 2005 Express (Free)
MS Visual C++ 2005 Express (Free)
MS QuickBASIC (Free)

I mainly work with Delphi and VB but i'm sure you can make a complete windows app w/ GUI using C++ Builder v5.5 compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom