Command Prompt Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie101

Beta member
I am a beginner with computer programming with intentions of becoming a computer engineer. I am a junior in high school and I picked up a java book. I konw that java isn't recommended for beginners, but I also have heard that if you learn java, all the other languages will come fairly easy. I barely know html which I know is sad, but I'm willing to work.

I had a question regarding the command prompt. I can't seem to specify the precise location of a file. I am trying to write my first java application and I have downloaded a compiler. Now I need to specify the location of the compiler as well as the location of a .java file that I created (or supposedly created. I just copied it from the book). I'm sure there are many helpful computer programmers in this forum and I highly appreciate any help from anyone who responds to this post. Thank you.

Arthur

Java console programming is kinda worthless. If you are going to learn java you really should be learning GUI java (Mind you its the same language main difference is how I/O is handled). Most of the back end programming is done in either C++ or C (I prefer C). If you really want to do console programming pick up C or C++. If you want to stick with Java download sun's Java IDE here : http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html (you want the J2SE v 1.4.2_10 SDK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom