C++ and Visual Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanjo

In Runtime
Im confused, on all the C++ tutorials it seems to make command line scripts, yet programs like Shareaza are written in C++ but have a GUI. Is visual C++ for making the cool looking interfaces or can you do that with normal C++ aswell? Third Question... What is better, C++, Visual C++ or Visual Basic?
Thanks in Advance.

Zanjo said:
Im confused, on all the C++ tutorials it seems to make command line scripts, yet programs like Shareaza are written in C++ but have a GUI. Is visual C++ for making the cool looking interfaces or can you do that with normal C++ aswell? Third Question... What is better, C++, Visual C++ or Visual Basic?
Thanks in Advance.

1. yes Visual C++ is used to make programs like Shareaza, but programs made in vissual C++ are only compatable in windows.

2. Yes Normal C++ can be used to create GUI programs.

3. It Depends on what you are trying to make, If you are trying to make small applications that are not extreamly strong, go with Visual Basic. If you want A program thats windows compatable Only, and is limited to what is realy possable choose Visual C++, or if you want to handle the most powerful language out there and have infinate possablitys Choose C++.

so they are all equal, but in power it goes

Visual Basic < Visual C++ < C++

Edit: you can learn the basics of C++ GUI programming
Here.

So what sort of compiler should i use? Can Visual Studio.net 2003 compile normal C++ or only visual C++? Or is there another compiler you could recommend?

Thanks

pick up a good c++ book, they'll introduce you to gui programming (or just scan the shelf for a gui programming book in c++)

if you want a good cross-platform library to learn, try wxwidget..

*most* c/c++ compiler should be able to compile standard compliant c++ code..

Not to sure, my experience with it is, no. but I hardly use it. I would Go get "Dev C++" Located Here its a good compiler plus its free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom