C Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohan Giri

In Runtime
Hi I am Mohan Giri, new user to this site. I am happy to register in this site. I am a Diploma Holder in Computer Technology discipline. When I am studying I didn't concentrate on my studies because I choose this field for my father's complesion. But now I get involved in this field and eager to learn things, especially C and C++ programming. But I feel I have no one to discuss. But now after registering to this site I am very confident that I will be expert in C and C++. I am interested in ALP, Embedded Software and System Programming but dont know anything about this fields except what is the aplication of those fields. So help me all to learn about these fields. Lets come to my doubt.

I downloaded "Turbo C 2.0" from Pittsburgh University Site and Installed it in my PC. My PC is configured with P2 processor and Windows 2000 NT OS. Now what problem I have is: after typing the program in Integrated Environment if I click or choose any menu items in the Integrated environment the control (cursor) comesout from the IE to Command Promt after displaying "Divide Overflow" messsage. But I installed the same compiler in my friend's P3 windows XP OS machine its working nice. What is the reason?????????? Anybody clear my doubt???????
Thank You

Mohan Giri,

Welcome to T.F

It means that a program tried to access a part of memory that it should not have.

More likely that you have an old version of DOS , that is not compatible with the turbo C. Try gettting a new version of turbo c or get turbo c++. Turbo c++ works both with c and c++ programs.

One comment about Turbo C++ (Version 3.0)
If you compile C++ code, you should save source file with cpp extension (namefile.cpp), for c code there is enough c extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom