C++

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I've got my eye on this: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1076
I understand that it's language is C++. Having found the Arduino board I can use for multi rotor flight computer developing, I need to learn the lingo it's programmed in.

Any advice for a good path to learning this language? I can code websites but no major language like C++.

Last edited:
sorry I am new to C++ and all this, What can you actually do with the board? :( I understand what the language is but I don't understand the uses of the board - sorry for my stupidity

It's a programmable FPGA...so really a lot of different things. It's the part the works as the "brain" for an electronics project if it requires logic and such. Controlling motors / lights / etc. Really depends on what you hook up to it.

Yes and no.

An RPi is a full "PC" in the sense that it runs an OS and such. An FPGA doesn't run an OS, it just runs it's "burned in" program that you give it.

Here's a ton of examples of things that an be made from something like an Arduino or other microcontroller/FPGA:
Arduino Playground - Ideas

Thank you so much my friend!

What do you think is the best things you could do with this thingy?

what does it mean by arduino - hacking? i need help

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much my friend!

What do you think is the best things you could do with this thingy?

what does it mean by arduino - hacking? i need help

If you're interested, I suggest creating your own thread so that you don't hijack another user's thread ;).

That particular version of the Arduino is the mule in a line of pony's. It's a beast in comparison to the rest. It's fast and has a lot of room for programs.
I've already laid out the hardware design but to make it all come together and work, I need to be able to speak to it in a way it understands. The programming software is C++. I've never use that before is why I asked.

With an Arduino, you're just limited by your imagination and your programming skills.

Back
Top Bottom