Bind key to start program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I would like to bind a keyboard key to start a Program. I know you can do this with macros, but I don't want macros. I was thinking a simple batch file or something.

Can anyone make me a batch file to open a program?

For simplicities sake, lets say I want to bind key "A" to open... Notepad.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Can anyone make me a batch file to open a program?
No, we're not here to do your work, but if you have specific questions about how to do it yourself then you should post them.

About key binding, this functionality is built into Windows. Right click on the executable and select properties. There is an option to set a shortcut key. If you require more help, consult your Windows help file in the start menu.

Make a batch file to run a program? Sure...but how would that be binding it to the key? o_O (No pun intended, I'm just curious if I'm missing something.)

-X

a batch file is not that hard to make expecially to make it open a program all you do it ud CD to change the directory to the folder that the exe is in then once you are in that folder say C:\windows\sytem32\> you then run the command of the exe simly like this C\windows\system32\>cmd.exe and it will run

jcortes said:
a batch file is not that hard to make expecially to make it open a program all you do it ud CD to change the directory to the folder that the exe is in then once you are in that folder say C:\windows\sytem32\> you then run the command of the exe simly like this C\windows\system32\>cmd.exe and it will run

The path statement provides additional filepaths to search through when attempting to run an exe.

After searching through the working directory, windows searches for the exe in the directories listed in the PATH environmental variable.

Type path in a cmd.exe window to view the directories.
Type set path=c:\dir1;c:\dir2 to change the path variable.
Type set path=%path%;C:\dir1 to append to the path statement.

By default xp's system32 and windows directories are added to the path statement. So you can execute cmd.exe from any working directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom