Binary

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to get as close to binary as possible, learn Assembly. It's code at the machine level which is then interpreted into 0's and 1's for processing. And it's just as difficult and annoying to learn and program in :).

It's not that hard :p. Depends on what you're trying to do, I guess lol.

Had to take an Assembly course, but we didn't do too much in-depth of programming. Were just simple programs, and he wanted us to get the idea/basis behind it more than the actual programming.

For humans that task would be next to impossible. Our mind's just aren't capable of thinking and processing like a computer (as much as some try).

Assembly is the closest thing we can get to.

My original plan was a calculator almost like the windows calculator but I wanted to program it in binary.

you'd be better off trying to find a way to use binary in your program rather than code in binary.

people used to code in binary....many, many years ago. See link below. but we have since evovled into much more efficient methods

Douglas W. Jones's collection of punched cards for computer programs

hmmm, just a thought. decoding a binary file and trying to understand it may be fun. Security professionals usually need this skill.

Binary file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right well consider this. Even a simple 'hello world' program would take you AGES to write in binary! E.g. the words 'hello world' look like this in binary

0110100001100101011011000110110001101111001000000111011101101111011100100110110001100100

For a simple program you could look at Java, C#, or Python.
What that string of 1's and 0's means in binary depends on several factors. For instance, is the character set being used ASCII, EBCDIC or ?

Ultimately, all programs end up as binary. Compilers and interpreters take the drudgery out of trying to deal with extremely long strings of 1's and 0's.

The 1st programming I ever did was close to binary. It was on an HP 3000 mini computer. We had to program in machine language using octal via the front panel switches. Very tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom