Binary

Status
Not open for further replies.

theopfor

In Runtime
I learned how to read binary a few days ago and then Googled millions of searches just to find how to program with it. So my question is how do you program with binary? Not how to read binary but how to program with it.

You can't program in binary. Unless you're talking about controlling something on the chip level ie NAND/NOR/XOR gates etc and if you just learned binary then you might want to wait before attempting that ;)

What exactly are you trying to program/create?

I just want to create a simple program. I know the basics of some programming languages but I wanted to pursue binary for some odd reason.

Right well consider this. Even a simple 'hello world' program would take you AGES to write in binary! E.g. the words 'hello world' look like this in binary

0110100001100101011011000110110001101111001000000111011101101111011100100110110001100100

For a simple program you could look at Java, C#, or Python.

Well you gotta think about what binary actually is. It's literally at the bottom of what's running your computer. Electrical highs and lows. So no, you can't program 'in binary' per se. Your code will be translated into something the system understands, but even that won't be binary yet.

If you want to get as close to binary as possible, learn Assembly. It's code at the machine level which is then interpreted into 0's and 1's for processing. And it's just as difficult and annoying to learn and program in :).

Lol I remember trying to learn how to write a millisecond delay subroutine in Assembly XD augh painful memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom