Best way to prove copyright?

It's pretty difficult to "copyright" a program or application... Because even if it's closed source, people can still emulate what your application does, with their own code.

Right, unless its earth shattering there is nothing wrong with going with something like a BSD licence or something (I guess open sourcing your code scares you)

I'm ok with open sourcing, but not with this. Tbh I want to spend around £20 but I can take it higher to £50. Basically, as cheap as possible. Btw, what I am making is a new compression method that should be much more powerful than most of nowadays ones, thats all I'm gonna tell you guys and that's probably all I am gonna tell to anyone because if nobody knows how it works, thay won't be able to copy it :cool:

Last edited:
I believe with software the best thing is to license it. If you have some type of intellectual property in the program you MIGHT be able to get something protected but applications are difficult because as others have said it's easy to reverse engineer it.

If it's a compression algorithm that would be your intellectual property and you could get that piece protected.

Print the source code and notes and mail it to yourself when you're done. Actually, mail a few copies to yourself. Passing through the postage system it will get stamped and delivered. This proves (as long as nobody has an earlier version of your code) date/time of creation and intellectual property. Sealed envelopes can be submitted as evidence in legal proceedings.

Print the source code and notes and mail it to yourself when you're done. Actually, mail a few copies to yourself. Passing through the postage system it will get stamped and delivered. This proves (as long as nobody has an earlier version of your code) date/time of creation and intellectual property. Sealed envelopes can be submitted as evidence in legal proceedings.

Yea, I read about that but I heard that it is useless in court as u can easily fake it

Back
Top Bottom